Friday, November 30, 2007

Carried Away?

"Whooosh!!! Can’t stop…need to hurry for Christmas practice."

"Byeeee!!! Gotta go finish this last 2 assignments first."

"Eh…coming for the Christmas party? I’ll be acting…seeya there!"

"Sorry!! Can’t join you guys for mamak today. Got church caroling practice…"

Does the lines above sound familiar or similar to what we have been saying to our friends this end of year season?

Where have our time all gone? Assignments, Christmas preparations, camps….all good things in themselves. But are we being too carried away? Busy ‘being busy’, what are we ourselves leaving in our friends? Or even with our families?

Leaving behind “hurrying”? “Rushing”? Christmas presents? Songs?….Or even hurried goodbyes shouted to our friends after the last exam paper is over as we rush off to other things?

Ever wonder that our friends and family may miss us?….Miss our simple unhurried presence.

You and I have hope of leaving behind something with our friends and family. But in our busyness, what are we REALLY leaving behind?

What does your end of year season look like?

Come share with us what you are REALLY leaving behind…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to leave behind 'Emmanuel', that God is with us!

jo

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I've been leaving behind 'dun kacau me' with my friends.
I do that by unconsciously having this harassed look and running around more than walking!
Got a jolt when i heard a friend share a problem and I asked how come never tell me...her answer was "...its oklah, u were so busy..."

Anonymous said...

some ppl tend to look good on the surface while inside them we don;t exactly know what they are thinking...

i don juz wanna look good on the outside but also glorifying God wif my inside thoughts...