Friday, March 13, 2009

Movie Review-KAMI

I watched the movie Kami last year. It was an intentional decision to watch a local movie. It was a good movie. Simple, straight to the point. ‘Kami’ is a movie of 5 Malay friends who live through the struggles of being teenagers in KL There are scenes of drug addiction, broken families, delinquencies, rejection and so on. But what kept me focused is actually in their friendship.

At first I thought that the movie focuses on the Malay community in KL but as I pondered later it was actually a typical problem for all peoples living in the big cities. Though our friend would not portray all these problems in one go but there are problems. And it is across the board – every race, religion, family background and economic standing

And what keeps me wondering is what actually ‘Good News’ is for us? Have we made evangelism into a fit all formula? You have friends with problems. How is Jesus Good News for them? Do share.

No comments: