Friday, June 06, 2008

Holiday... God?

Holidays… Days free from work that one may spend devoted to rest or pleasure days filled with family, hometown friends, home-cooked food, family business, lazing away, visiting places……What is your holiday full off? Mine's full of food, lying on the floor and reading story books. Full of doing nothing important, full of 'no plans' days. It is really a time to put aside the usual routine of life and fill it with 'other things'. So what are these things we put aside during our holidays? Our studies, our work, our campus friends (since everyone 'balik kampung'), maybe even our church activities? MAYBE ALSO OUR GOD? How many of us feel as if we leave God behind as we start our holidays and when we return to campus, we 'pick up' God again? It is as if we go into a cocoon from the 'spiritual world' for the holidays and 'reemerge' when the semester starts again. Where is God in our long holidays? We go home, stay home, do all the holiday things, and come back to campus feeling that there was something 'missing' or not quite fulfilling in our holidays. Ever felt that way? I have. Till I went on a holiday with some friends who kept bringing God into the picture, who actually brought their Bible along….and read it….that I saw how God is everywhere. Even in my holidays!! Why don't you try 'packing' God with you as you embark on your holiday, wherever that may be. Where is GOD in YOUR holidays? Come share with us your holiday experiences…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True true, there is much sense in this, I always keep my Bible in the bag but I rarely take it out to use espcially when I holiday with my pre-believing friends..

This struck me, I'm not having my holidays anytime near, but I'll be going for snorkeling trip soon, reminded to bring 'God' along!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I do hope for long holiday which I can read a few good books and wake up in the afternoon. God is near to me if I take time to be alone, rather to watch never ending TV series....