Monday, April 30, 2007

The @lias

a•li•as (ā'lē-əs, āl'yəs)
noun
a name that has been assumed temporarily.

Adv
Also known as;

Psssst!!!! Psst!!! What’s YOUR alias? I’ve got mine all ready
for the switch. What about you?

What’s your alias as you switch between the world of your
campus to the world of your hometown (with your family)????
For some of us, holidays means becoming someone else because
of what our families back home expect us to be. For others,
holidays means a dip in our spiritual walk, a real fear of
backsliding in our faith because the people who walk with us
in campus won’t be around us in our holidays.

Do we dread going home because the risk of falling into
temptation, wallowing in old mud (old habits) is greater?
Do we forget our good resolutions to live our lives according
to His Word? Do we forget our good resolutions to honour our
parents, to reach our friends, to stand up for Christ no
matter what?

Psst….Psst….. what’s YOUR @lias for the holidays? You can
safely share your @lias here anonymously. Maybe if you were
someone with an ex-@lias, and have found a way to be yourself
while on holidays, come share how you threw away, your @lias.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my alias is Mr. Grumpy when I go home for the holidays. I eat, sleep, laze around, 50% with a grumpy and uncommunicative mask.
I'm ashamed of it, especially being so different from who I am in uni. Oh and of course, quiet time goes out the window, I attend church and feel nothing, get nothing, and can't worship.
What is this thing that makes me like this????!!!!!
All I can think of is the phrase 'familiarity breeds contempt' but that's so sad when I really do love my parents.

Mr. Grumpy