Thursday, February 01, 2007

You Tau Kah?

Do you know who your neighbour in campus?

Looking back at my campus years……
I remember when I first stepped into the campus; I was given the opportunity to meet so many new friends, as we were all going through the same phase together. Staying in campus gave me the opportunity to get to know my friends – their different backgrounds, hometown, course, religion, race & even language. I remember having 3 groups of friends. The first group were friends that stayed at the same block as me. We went for lunch & dinner together. The second group of friends were my Christian friends in Christian Fellowship and the third group of friends were my course mates. I don’t know about you, but I searched for a place where I could belong. I found it in my group of friends where I felt comfortable and could just be who I am.

I believe campus is a place where we are given the opportunities to reach out by just being a real friend to people around us and sharing with them the journey we go through. Do you know that Christian Fellowships exist for its NON-MEMBERS? If we are so caught up being only with Christian friends, organizing activities that only builds our own members up, then we’ve got it wrong.

Do you know who your NEIGHBOR in campus is?
- course mates, room mates, apartment mates, project/assignment mates, lecturers, tutors, cleaners, admin staff and the list goes on-

Can I challenge you to open your eyes and see the needs around you - the people in your campus. Come let’s build genuine friendships with them, inviting them to know our lives and our stories. Let us learn to receive their lives and their stories, creating a place where they feel safe & allow them to be themselves.

Let us re-examine ourselves & our CFs……Do you know who your neighbor in campus? You Tau Kah?

No comments: